15 de ago. de 2018

The World You are Not In

Crushing the fourth can
In just the right time
Just the right amount
I shed my shell of lies
And sing a song
Just for myself

Oh, for I am alone tonight
And baby, my dear
I love myself so much
When you are not around

I sing about freedom
About love and why I don't need it
I sing about fulfillment
About life and why it's too long
I sing about all the little things
Those I lost with you
And with so many other girls
That I can't be bothered to count

Oh, for I am alone in this life
And baby, my dearest
I love myself so much
When I don't want your smiles

I sing about a tought
About the past, about regret
The words I said, the things I did
My failures, which I cared about so much
Which I thought were all that mattered 
How I harmed you, how I was hurt by you
And I reaffirm

The world you are not in
Has nothing but me
And I love myself so much in it
That I never want to leave again

Lucas Rangel Lima

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário