6 de fev. de 2011

More Than a Soldier, Less Than a Man - Chapter 1: Despair and Hope

Two days have passed since the end of the battle. I can´t find any food, but there is water in some of the remaining wells. All the provisions that my team had kept have been lost in the battle. If I don´t find any food soon, I will end up dying of starvation.

Well, that may be not so bad after all. I still can´t forget the faces of those dying soldiers, and sometimes I think "Dying like this is better". But I choosed to live. Otherwise, why the heck did I killed them?

Anyway, I can´t go on like this. My body and my mind are getting weaker with the hunger, and I can´t concentrate very all.

Since the end of the battle, I´ve gathered all the weapons and ammo inside a basement that my team used as refuge. If someone attacks, I´m more than ready to face him. But still, it wil all be in vain if I can´t find some food.

So I searched the houses, trying to find anything edible. There where lot´s of places to look inside, so that was a very long and tiring task. Worse, if was futile. There was nothing left.

I would die in a few days, and it would be the most pathetic death that a soldier could ever think of. There was nothing I could do but despair.

It was then that I heard the voices. Close to me, walking by foot, talking in my language. It was the happiest moment in my life. I could feel the hope coming back into my soul, and all that I could think was "I will live!"

Um comentário: