23 de ago. de 2012

Closer to You

Maybe it was just me
That felt that way about us
"No matter", that´s what I though.
"For as long as I´m still smiling,
No sorrow can cloud me"

But today, I felt myself closer to you
And as happines sprung, I started to wonder...
I wondered if even when we part ways again
I could still keep that happines
If I could keep believing,
Keep smiling,
Or if this smile of mine would someday
Become as empty as my nights alone...

And as I walked away
Your presence fading slowly with the distance
I could feel the angusty spread inside
And my everpresent smile
Just felt sickening in my face.

I tried to hold it´s meaning
To convince myself that those toughts
Were just momentary things
That my smile was the proof
Of the purity of my love

The purity of a love
That doesn´t speak never.
Even when we feel closer...

I was wrong.
But kept smiling anyway.

Lucas Rangel Lima

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"No mistake is wrong, when you can take it upright."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário